Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Raise money for charity and get that warm glow

Today is one of those days where you get that warm fuzzy feeling because something good has happened...

So I love to crochet and over the years I have made all kinds of things for myself and family.  Since the sad loss of my Gran who passed away from Vascular Dementia a few years back I’ve had a passion for raising money for the Alzheimer’s Society.



I wanted to raise a little extra money for charity so I decided to put my skills to good use, my Gran was a lifelong crafter herself so  I'm sure it would make her very proud.  I love the Alzheimer’s Societies Forget-me-not logo and wanted to recreate something that people would recognise.  


That’s when I came across the idea for a Forget-me-not flower, but I could not find a pattern that did what I wanted.  So I experimented with a few different techniques and finally came up with this.

I’ve made quite a few of them over the years and I have made a bit of money for the charity and I have been asked by other crochet fans how I made them, so I put together a pattern to share, I added it for sale to my Ravelry account a few years ago, with the profits going to the charity.  I totally forgot all about it until this morning when I got notification that someone had bought one.  Now I know its only one but it is so nice to see someone has found it and likes your work, I'll be sending the money over to the charity very soon.   


I love this pattern and I have given quite a few of these as gifts to friends who have family members who have or are suffering from dementia and it’s been put to a few different uses; Bookmark, embellishment, card topper, I’ve even tweaked the design to make these cute little bracelets for when we were taking part in the memory walk.
  


I'm going to dig out the pattern and post it on here, then any donations can be made direct to the charity.  In the mean time you can find it on Ravelry, I really hope you enjoy making them too.

Please remember to subscribe to my newsletter then you will be kept up to date with all my latest patterns and tutorials.  You can also follow me on FacebookPinterest and Instagram.

Happy crocheting

                Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment